Call for Submission: Second Issue
Africa in Dialogue is currently accepting submissions for its second issue. The second issue will be guest edited by Billy Kahora, renown writer and managing editor of Kwani?
We invite seasoned and upcoming African interviewers, writers and critics to submit original, unpublished dialogues with African Storytellers. We are interested in high quality, long-form, vibrant dialogues between Africans living in all parts of Africa and the Diaspora. We hope that Africans can engage in dialogues about their stories, countries, cultures, narratives, philosophies and idiosyncrasies that matter to them. Dialogues can be with creatives who uses their art-form to tell stories. This includes poets, spoken words artists, short story writers, novelists, journalists, screenwriters, filmmakers, bloggers, songwriters, music composers, painters, visual artists, comic writers, illustrators and photographers.
We encourage prospective contributors to base the dialogues on a piece of work that the storyteller has created or is creating. We also strongly encourage that interviewers try to engage in dialogues with interviewees from a country different from their own country of origin. The aim is to get Africans talking with each other!
Submission for the Issue 2 will be accepted from May 15th 2018 until July 31st 2018.
Kindly find below our submission guidelines.
- We will accept original and unpublished interviews no longer than 5000 words in length.
- All interviews should be a titled in a manner that reflects the essence of the interview. The title should be formatted as follows: “Title of Interview: A Dialogue With Full Name of Interviewee.” E.g “The First Issue: A Dialogue With Gaamangwe Joy Mogami.”
- We accept no more than one interview at a time.
- Interviews must be submitted in English. We welcome interviews that have been translated, in which case, both the translator and original interviewer can submit the interview as a single submission.
- Interviews must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line must read “First Issue Submission: (Your Full Name). e.g First Issue Submission: Gaamangwe Joy Mogami.
- All submission should be sent in a Word document (doc, docx) in a single file attachment. Make sure you do not paste your submissions on the body of the email.
- Interviewers should submit the bio of the interviewee that is not more than 200 words in the same Word document.
- The Interviewer must also submit their own bio not more than 100 words in a separate Microsoft word attachment.
- All submissions should include high resolution images of both the interviewee, interviewer, and translator in cases of translated interviews.
- Interviews must not have been published in any form or any format.
- We accept simultaneous submission, but request that we are notified when the submission is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- We wish that we could provide honoraria for your work, but unfortunately we are not yet able to pay for your work.
- By submitting the interviewer grants Africa in Dialogue exclusive rights to the original work for 90 days, and thereafter agrees to notify any republication, and attributes Africa in Dialogue as first publisher.
- All entries will be replied to by August 15th 2018.
We look forward to reading and sharing your dialogues with Africa!
There’s always a lot brewing at Africa in Dialogue; kindly follow us on Twitter and Instagram and like our Facebook page as well.
3 thoughts on “Call for Submission: Second Issue”
Pingback:Transcending Our Perpetual State of Mourning - Joy Mogami
Pingback:Call for submissions - African Politics and Policy
Keep me informed on the other submissions